Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » sample reflective ecore model editor fails
icon9.gif  sample reflective ecore model editor fails [message #1470441] Wed, 12 November 2014 10:38 Go to next message
Puneet Patwari is currently offline Puneet PatwariFriend
Hi

I have generated an Xtext grammar from an existing Ecore Model. I am able to create an instance of the grammar. The problem comes when I chose the option "Open With -> sample reflective ecore model editor". I tried writing a code to create an EMF editor from Xtext editor, it still had the exact error which is:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.XMIException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseExceptionPublicID: lineNumber =1; columnNumber = 1; Content is not allowed in prolog."

Please help. Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Puneet
Re: sample reflective ecore model editor fails [message #1476453 is a reply to message #1470441] Mon, 17 November 2014 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

Please help me on the problem faced. Pleasee.. Embarrassed Crying or Very Sad
Re: sample reflective ecore model editor fails [message #1479428 is a reply to message #1476453] Wed, 19 November 2014 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi Puneet,

please make sure that your plugin.xml files contain all the necessary
registrations, e.g. for the file extension that you use, you have to
have a proper extension parser registration.

Best,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: sample reflective ecore model editor fails [message #1480397 is a reply to message #1479428] Thu, 20 November 2014 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sebastian

Thanks for your response. I am able to fix the problem above. Smile It was a mistake, maybe on my own part. It was beacuse, the file extension variable in my Workflowgenerator was something else and the extension for editor of my xtext grammar was something different. So the XtextResourceSet.getResource() function threw the above exceptions. After changing the file-extension in workflow, it is working smoothly.

Thanks a lot.. Smile
Puneet
Re: sample reflective ecore model editor fails [message #1489156 is a reply to message #1480397] Thu, 27 November 2014 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sebastian

I am still not able to get the "Sample Reflective Ecore model Editor " to work. Although I got my own piece of code to work and produce the EMF model editor. But now I want to open my xtext model with the option "Sample Reflective Ecore model Editor ", so that I can make changes through the generated editor. I also want to know how to create extension parser registration for my file extension, as you suggested above. I am quite new at this. Sad Please help. I am getting the following error.

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseExceptionpublicId: platform:/resource/mnc.test/src/gmrt.mncspec; systemId: platform:/resource/mnc.test/src/gmrt.mncspec; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.

Regards
Puneet
Re: sample reflective ecore model editor fails [message #1489220 is a reply to message #1489156] Thu, 27 November 2014 07:29 Go to previous message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Could you provide a reproducable example (a self contained one, e.g. the
complete projects)?

Best,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Previous Topic:copy JvmAnnotationReference and "Cannot root object twice" (xtext 2.7.3)
Next Topic:Doubt about cross-references
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:28:50 GMT 2024