Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Abort merge of a single/multiple file(s) with EGit?
Abort merge of a single/multiple file(s) with EGit? [message #1464663] Fri, 07 November 2014 19:35 Go to next message
Lukasz T. is currently offline Lukasz T.Friend
At EGit's wiki page it says:

*Aborting Merge
If a merge resulted in conflicts you can abort the merge with a hard reset to the current branch. This can be done in state "Conflicts" and in state "Merged", i.e. before and after you have resolved the conflicts.
The hard reset can be done from the team menu, the Git Repositories View or the History View. See Revert all local and staged changes for more details.*

I'd like to know how can I reset to "Conflicts" state (the one with >>>>>>> <<<<<<< marked in a file) a single/multiple selection file(s)? I can reset the whole project, but lets say I have 20 conflicted files that I resolved, and want only one of these to re-do the resolution.

How can I do it?
Re: Abort merge of a single/multiple file(s) with EGit? [message #1468598 is a reply to message #1464663] Tue, 11 November 2014 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I think that's not possible using EGit
Re: Abort merge of a single/multiple file(s) with EGit? [message #1474298 is a reply to message #1468598] Sat, 15 November 2014 09:24 Go to previous message
Lukasz T. is currently offline Lukasz T.Friend
That's a shame. It would be very usefull in my opinion. Thanks for the answer.
Previous Topic:Does Egit rumtime override the settings in the plugin.xml?
Next Topic:Using local repository as shared repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:54:20 GMT 2024