Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Create a huge columns for nattable, still working paint function.
Create a huge columns for nattable, still working paint function. [message #1455375] Wed, 29 October 2014 09:54 Go to next message
neal zhang is currently offline neal zhangFriend
Hi dirk.
I create a create a nattable with a huge columns.when i execute the nattable, it still run in painterLayer in NatLayerPainter.java again and again. like a deadloop, when i set a small column count, it is right. do you know where control this function? can you give me some advises for that.

reproduce:
run attachment file _5016_AutomaticHugeDataSpanningExample
add a log in painterLayer function in NatLayerPainter.java,
we can find , it will run this function again and again. like a dead loop.

can you help me check it? thank you very much.
Re: Create a huge columns for nattable, still working paint function. [message #1456284 is a reply to message #1455375] Thu, 30 October 2014 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I don't have an idea on that. The paint function is called on painting. So it seems the paint operation is executed that often, Might be caused by your usage of NatTable.
Re: Create a huge columns for nattable, still working paint function. [message #1457126 is a reply to message #1456284] Fri, 31 October 2014 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply, if modify the columnCount to 1000(means just has 1000 columns, the attachment is 5000 columns), it works, it will not still execute paint function. is there some places add a event for the paint function?
i don't have any idea for this problem, can you help me and check it again?
thank you.
Re: Create a huge columns for nattable, still working paint function. [message #1457239 is a reply to message #1457126] Fri, 31 October 2014 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or remove spanningDataLayer.setColumnPercentageSizing(true)
it also works. is there some codes control that?
Re: Create a huge columns for nattable, still working paint function. [message #1457317 is a reply to message #1457239] Fri, 31 October 2014 07:44 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
might be related to how spanning works in NatTable since every cell is rendered once, and a spanned cell in your case consists of several hundred cells.

Maybe you are trying to implement a pivot table, I don't understand what you are trying to do. But personally I think you are running into the wrong direction. Maybe instead of trying to rape the existing code you should try to implement a custom layer or a custom functionality to do what you are trying to achieve, but surely rendering 1000 columns in 500 pixels will never work in a clean way since there is so much that can go wrong or cause strange behavior in the current architecture.
Previous Topic:Nullpointexception in SizeConfig
Next Topic:NaTable Validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:47:36 GMT 2024