Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » "Error in Services Launch Sequence."
"Error in Services Launch Sequence." [message #1453921] Mon, 27 October 2014 18:07 Go to next message
Chase Porter is currently offline Chase PorterFriend
Hey everyone, I'm trying to write ARM assembly to a board for a uni course. I can compile everything just fine, but when I try and debug I keep ending up with the following error:

Error in services launch sequence
Error while launching command undefined_path/openocd -c gdb_port 3333 -c telnet_port 4444 -f board/stm32f0discovery.cfg
Error while launching command undefined_path/openocd -c gdb_port 3333 -c telnet_port 4444 -f board/stm32f0discovery.cfg
Cannot run program "undefined_path/openocd":
Launching failed

I assume the problem has something to do with "undefined path," but I'm not a computer expert, and have no idea what the problem is or how to correct it. Can anyone lend a hand? Thank you, and let me know if you need any more information supplied.
Re: "Error in Services Launch Sequence." [message #1453949 is a reply to message #1453921] Mon, 27 October 2014 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
You'll increase the probability of an useful response, if you give some details:

- which operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, else)?
- which operating system version/release?
- which ARM toolset?

We may need also some others, like the OpenOCD version,
but let's start with these.

Connecting a development board via OpenOCD may take some
effort, but properly doen, it will work.

ARM assembly (SAM4: Thumb2) is pretty masochistic to a person
advertising as no computer expert.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: "Error in Services Launch Sequence." [message #1453960 is a reply to message #1453949] Mon, 27 October 2014 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chase Porter is currently offline Chase PorterFriend
Thank you for the reply. After about 3 hours of trying to get Eclipse to work, I manage to flag down a lab technician. His solution: unplugging and replugging the USB cable. Worked instantly. There is no god.
Re: "Error in Services Launch Sequence." [message #1818488 is a reply to message #1453960] Tue, 17 December 2019 09:44 Go to previous message
Huw Price is currently offline Huw PriceFriend
Actually, there would appear to be one! Made an account just to give this solution a thumbs up, worked for me.
Previous Topic:JAVA instead of C++ [SOLVED]
Next Topic: Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:43:16 GMT 2024