Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini JPA for dummies?(How do I get Gemini JPA to work?)
Gemini JPA for dummies? [message #1453916] Mon, 27 October 2014 17:58 Go to next message
Bill Mair is currently offline Bill MairFriend
I'm trying to get JPA to work in an OSGi project but I keep getting the following:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.gemini.jpa [18]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.persistence; jpa="2.0"; version="1.1.0"

I've installed "Gemini JPA" and "Gemini DBAccess" from the update sites and I am using Apache Derby as the backend.

I've installed:
EclipseLink Target Components - EclipseLink JPA (2.6.0)
Dali Java Persistence Tools - JPA Support (3.4.0)
Equinox Target Components (3.4.0)
Gemini DBAccess for Derby (1.1.0.RELEASE)
Gemini JPA (1.1.0.RELEASE)

And even after "Add Required Bundles" I'm STILL getting errors regarding:
Import-Package: ... "javax.persistence;jpa="2.0";version="1.1.0" ...

I saw a 4 year old post about "patching gemini" but that surely can't still be the ONLY solution!?!?!?

If the OSGi support was removed from EclipseLink to Gemini JPA, then surely the developers of these 2 projects should be working closely with each other?

My experience with EclipseLink, OSGi JPA and Eclipse Gemini haven't exactly been instilling me with confidence :-/

How am I supposed to configure OSGi, Equinix AND Gemini JPA using the available online resources?
Re: Gemini JPA for dummies? [message #1453926 is a reply to message #1453916] Mon, 27 October 2014 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Hi Bill,

Try using Gemini JPA 1.2.0 M1 to work with EclipseLink 2.6.0.
Let me know if you have any problems with it.

-Mike
Re: Gemini JPA for dummies? [message #1454373 is a reply to message #1453926] Tue, 28 October 2014 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Mair is currently offline Bill MairFriend
Hi Mike,

thanks for the heads up, that brought me a lot further.

--
Bill
Re: Gemini JPA for dummies? [message #1578758 is a reply to message #1454373] Thu, 22 January 2015 15:52 Go to previous message
Jan Kahnt is currently offline Jan KahntFriend
Hi all,

I had the same problem like Bill with Version 1.1.0 but with 1.2.0 M1 it worked quite well with a persistence.xml file in the bundle package. Now I want to make the configuration a bit more flexible with the configuration via the configuration admin. I followed the instructions here -> Gemini/JPA/Documentation/OtherTopics#Configuration_Admin and read the configuration file with the apache felix file installer. But it does not work. File name is: org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.punit.cfg. Maybe I took the wrong way?
Previous Topic:NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.rs.metadata.model.Link
Next Topic:Dynamic web bundle?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:02:44 GMT 2024