Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Modelling exception flow(Attaching an exception flow to an application activity)
icon5.gif  Modelling exception flow [message #1449350] Tue, 21 October 2014 08:14 Go to next message
albert boonstra is currently offline albert boonstraFriend
Hi,

I want to connect an exception flow to an application activity. When the application fails (exception) a compensation action (manual) must be performed .

I'm using Stardust version 2.0.1 and am modelling in the RAD environment.
Where do I find the connection points on the (failing) application activity to connect the exceptio flow to?

Re: Modelling exception flow [message #1467868 is a reply to message #1449350] Mon, 10 November 2014 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar Dangi is currently offline Rajkumar DangiFriend
Hi,
You can achieve this by using intermediate events in your workflow. please refer below documentation:

http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.stardust.docs.analyst%2Fhtml%2Fhandbooks%2Fmodelling_analyst%2Fpep-events.htm&cp=60_6_14&anchor=weve

Thanks,
Rajkumar
Re: Modelling exception flow [message #1469099 is a reply to message #1467868] Tue, 11 November 2014 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rajkumar,

Thanks for your answer, that is with the web-based modeller.
I am using the eclipse modeller in the RAD environment. In that modeller I cannot find the option.

Albert.
Re: Modelling exception flow [message #1469984 is a reply to message #1469099] Wed, 12 November 2014 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Albert,

please see: http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.stardust.docs.dev%2Fhtml%2Fconcepts%2Fworkflow-basics%2Fmg-basics-11.htm
and http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.stardust.docs.dev%2Fhtml%2Fhandbooks%2Fmodelling%2Fmg-defdesk-13.htm

We are striving for a broader BPMN2.0 conformance , hence we started using some different paradigms in the browser modeler. This includes the change to the modelling of events. I would encourage you to evaluate if the browser-based modeler would not also suit your purposes.

Best regards

Rob

Re: Modelling exception flow [message #1470255 is a reply to message #1469984] Wed, 12 November 2014 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into it.

Will these other paradigms also be included in the eclipse based modeller? The exception flow example does make the process diagram more explicit, thus easier to explain.

KInd regards,

Albert.
Re: Modelling exception flow [message #1481791 is a reply to message #1470255] Fri, 21 November 2014 08:20 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Albert,

these changes will likely be ported back when we get more overlap with the Eclipse BPMN2 modeler project. Currently we are focusing our energies more on the browser-based modeler.

Bets regards

Rob

Previous Topic:Which companies are using Stardust in Production?
Next Topic:How to append authorization header for invoking StardustBpmServices through SOAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:14:56 GMT 2024