Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » Resource Writable Query?
Resource Writable Query? [message #1439107] Mon, 06 October 2014 22:09 Go to next message
Matt Stone is currently offline Matt StoneFriend
Is there a way to perform a pre-check on an OSLC provider resource to determine if its in a state that can be written to?

Thanks,
Matt
Re: Resource Writable Query? [message #1439792 is a reply to message #1439107] Tue, 07 October 2014 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel Padgett is currently offline Samuel PadgettFriend
Matt,

There might be a few ways, but it depends on the provider. If the provider has implemented HTTP OPTIONS, you could make an OPTIONS request on the URI to see if PUT is in the Allow header. This isn't required by the spec, however, and I suspect many providers haven't implemented OPTIONS. It also might not work if the resource is editable, but the user doesn't have the right authority.

It's possible the provider has its own property to indicate if the resource is read only, but there's no Core common property for it. There's an oslc:readOnly, but that's meant for resource shapes. I'd look at the resource RDF and see if there's anything in it you can use.

Good luck,
Sam
Re: Resource Writable Query? [message #1440243 is a reply to message #1439792] Wed, 08 October 2014 05:37 Go to previous message
Matt Stone is currently offline Matt StoneFriend
Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the RDF. I know DWA currently (9.6) doesn't support the OPTIONS method.

Matt
Previous Topic:OslcClient Thread Safety
Next Topic:DOORS NG OAuth Dance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:03:22 GMT 2024