Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] The type of the first parameter of the main template named 'generateElement' is a proxy(Exception Thrown)
[Acceleo] The type of the first parameter of the main template named 'generateElement' is a proxy [message #1434908] Tue, 30 September 2014 19:52 Go to next message
Robert Lario is currently offline Robert LarioFriend
Here is the exception: Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.AcceleoEvaluationException: The type of the first parameter of the main template named 'generateElement' is a proxy.
at org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AcceleoService.doGenerate(AcceleoService.java:632)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator.generate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:211)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator.generate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:172)
at org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator.doGenerate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:159)

I have created a simple example showing the problem. Its attached.
  • Attachment: example.zip
    (Size: 146.83KB, Downloaded 192 times)
Re: [Acceleo] The type of the first parameter of the main template named 'generateElement' is a prox [message #1435311 is a reply to message #1434908] Wed, 01 October 2014 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

You may have an issue with the way your metamodel is registered/loaded during the build or during the execution of your generator.
You should place a breakpoint in AcceleoService to see the state of your package registry there. Otherwise, you could also put a breakpoint in the constructor of the launcher (the class extending AbstractAcceleoGenerator) to see if there are proxies in the module loaded. If there are any, you should compare the URI of the parameter type expected and the NsURI of your metamodel.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo
Re: [Acceleo] The type of the first parameter of the main template named 'generateElement' is a prox [message #1435561 is a reply to message #1435311] Wed, 01 October 2014 17:26 Go to previous message
Robert Lario is currently offline Robert LarioFriend
I have take screen shots and outlined the process I used to create my example. Please see attached for details. The short is the example provided is focused on demonstrating the issue. I have walked through the code and found no evidence that my models are not registered correctly.

can you direct me to a specific variable I should be testing?

Please see attached and thank you for your help.

Robert
  • Attachment: Stephane.docx
    (Size: 212.92KB, Downloaded 260 times)
Previous Topic:Acceleo maven plugin 3.5 does not compile mtl fieles with 'uml2/5.0.0/UML'
Next Topic:org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.AcceleoEvaluationException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:03:29 GMT 2024