Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Screen resolution(Java GUI windows application impacted by screen resolution)
Screen resolution [message #1434108] Mon, 29 September 2014 17:27 Go to next message
Nigel Hoath is currently offline Nigel HoathFriend
I know I should have sorted this before I started but ..... I have created a java gui on Windows 7 with Eclipse EE, using a screen resolution of 1366 x 768. I used groups with specified boundaries. For example:

final Group g5_script_data = new Group(shell, SWT.BORDER_SOLID);
        g5_script_data.setText("Current DB");
        g5_script_data.setBounds(0, 0, 680, 380);
        g5_script_data.setBackground(green);

The groups cover the whole screen, many overlapping to form different configurations.

However one of my colleagues complained there was no righthand side scroll bar for a tree. It turned out to be just out of vision due to resolution.

As this is a proto-type and I'm new to Java I don't want to rework everything or convert it to say a grid layout until the proto-type is accepted and I can start from scratch with a real detailed design. It already has 6500 lines of source and 20 groups that intermingle to cover the whole screen.

Jusy wondered what is my quickest/easiest way to get my app to display on a slightly smaller resolution. For sure it will not be anything silly. Something like 1280 x 768 to 1366 x 768 would do.

Cheers in anticipation of something not too laborious.

Performance/Load/Stress tester for large public and private sector orgs because I enjoy it.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2014 17:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Screen resolution [message #1443205 is a reply to message #1434108] Sun, 12 October 2014 09:55 Go to previous message
Nigel Hoath is currently offline Nigel HoathFriend
Just to answer my own question in the hope it might help someone:

Display.getDefault().getBounds() 

Gives me the dimensions and then I can reset or proportion bounds of the groups on the screen. And yes it is a bit labourious but for a demo prototype that will be sufficient.

Performance/Load/Stress tester for large public and private sector orgs because I enjoy it.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 October 2014 09:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Luna JEE Maven integration doesn't work out of the box
Next Topic:Query about database connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:27:29 GMT 2024