Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Programmatically Installing Execution Environments, Adding them to Project Build Paths
Programmatically Installing Execution Environments, Adding them to Project Build Paths [message #1431519] Thu, 25 September 2014 20:12 Go to next message
Evan Beisheim is currently offline Evan BeisheimFriend
I would like to programmatically insert my custom execution environment as an added library in the Lua build path of my project, so that the users of our Eclipse application don't have to. The following code does exactly what I want:

LuaExecutionEnvironment ee = LuaExecutionEnvironmentManager.installLuaExecutionEnvironment("path/to/ee.zip");
List<IPath> eePath = LuaExecutionEnvironmentBuildpathUtil.getExecutionEnvironmentBuildPath(ee);

IBuildpathEntry e = DLTKCore.newLibraryEntry(eePath.get(0), IAccessRule.EMPTY_RULES, new IBuildpathAttribute[0], BuildpathEntry.INCLUDE_ALL, BuildpathEntry.EXCLUDE_NONE, false, true);
entrylist.add(e);				
project.setRawBuildpath(entrylist.toArray(new IBuildpathEntry[entrylist.size()]), null);

However the calls to installLuaExecutionEnvironment and getExecutionEnvironmentBuildPath are not API and give 'Discouraged Access' warnings. I'm wondering if there are other ways to install EE's and get their build paths without using private API's.

I know there is an extension point, executionEnvironment, but Eclipse isn't finding the schema when I try to open it and I don't know how to use it. Can it help me with custom EEs?
Re: Programmatically Installing Execution Environments, Adding them to Project Build Paths [message #1431877 is a reply to message #1431519] Fri, 26 September 2014 09:13 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
LuaExecutionEnvironmentManager and LuaExecutionEnvironmentBuildpathUtil are not part of the API for now. Currently the API is really restrictive and we should probably think about make it more complete.

For the extension point, you're right. It exists but the are not schema on binary version of ldt plugin. We should probably deliver a source/SDK version of our plugins.
Waiting, you should have a look to the extension point here.
You could find some sample here and there.

If you ask this question, I suppose you implement some features on top of LDT. I don't know if you follow the story, but Koneki LDT will move on its own project LDT. The move will break the API because of package renaming. So this should be better to base your work on org.eclipse.ldt than org.eclipse.koneki.ldt. There're no release of LDT for now but we will release a M0 in few days which will just be a renaming/rebranding of Koneki LDT.
Previous Topic:Custom Execution Environment Autocompletion
Next Topic:not able to create a Lua Application run configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:56:44 GMT 2024