Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » C CODE GENERATION FROM STMubeMX(STMCubeMX ; Code Generation; )
icon13.gif  C CODE GENERATION FROM STMubeMX [message #1429509] Tue, 23 September 2014 10:21 Go to next message
Zaid Ahmed is currently offline Zaid AhmedFriend
I need to generate C code from STMcubeMX for Eclipse platform. On the STMCubeMx >Project > setting , on the tool-chain / IDE I dont have Eclipse mentioned in the drop down box.

How Do I obtain/ import the C code generated onto the eclipse platform from the StmCubeMx version.
Re: C CODE GENERATION FROM STMubeMX [message #1429817 is a reply to message #1429509] Tue, 23 September 2014 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Zaid Ahmed wrote on Tue, 23 September 2014 13:21
I need to generate C code from STMcubeMX for Eclipse platform. On the STMCubeMx >Project > setting , on the tool-chain / IDE I dont have Eclipse mentioned in the drop down box.

How Do I obtain/ import the C code generated onto the eclipse platform from the StmCubeMx version.

Usually, the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) is used with Eclipse for ARM processors. The STM package brochure says that code can be generated for GCC.

If you have nothing installed yet, I'd do it in steps:

1. Install UNIXish toolset for Windows, MinGW or Cygwin,
2. Install GCC ARM cross-compiler compatible with above,
3. Set up Eclipse to use the cross-compiler,
4. Import STM CubeMX generated code to Eclipse project.

After each step, it is important to test the installation so far, before proceeding to the next step.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: C CODE GENERATION FROM STMubeMX [message #1430126 is a reply to message #1429817] Wed, 24 September 2014 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaid Ahmed is currently offline Zaid AhmedFriend
index.php/fa/19238/0/

index.php/fa/19239/0/

From the images above it can be noticed that, MinGW, GCC ARM Compiler have been installed into the eclipse.

the STMcube generates code for one one of the three IDE's (EWARM; MDKARM ; TRUESTUDIO) only.

Now I need to know using which IDE, I export the code and how do I Import the generated code onto the eclipse platform.

index.php/fa/19240/0/

It would be of great help if you could elaborate the last step -
4. Import STM CubeMX generated code to Eclipse project.

> STM CubeMX generated code using which IDE?
> How to import it to Eclipse . ?
>Compiler used - GCC ARM ?
Re: C CODE GENERATION FROM STMubeMX [message #1430408 is a reply to message #1430126] Wed, 24 September 2014 10:41 Go to previous message
jack martin is currently offline jack martinFriend
THANKS
Previous Topic:defining a macros in makefile and using those macros in c file
Next Topic:The program won't start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:37:26 GMT 2024