Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » does it exist a complete chain for requirements managament, uml, development and tests(how maintain traceability among requirement management, uml, development and tests)
does it exist a complete chain for requirements managament, uml, development and tests [message #1425409] Wed, 17 September 2014 09:14 Go to next message
Francesco Sclano is currently offline Francesco SclanoFriend
Hi,
I'm new to the RMF and ProR world.
I would like to know if exist a complete chain to:
- manage requirement
- realize UML diagram (use case, activity, class and sequence diagrams)
- development (java classes)
- tests (junit tests)
How can I maintain traceability among all these parts?

Last but not least, Formalmind Studio and Essential ProrR are completely free for industries too?

Many thanks

Francesco
Re: does it exist a complete chain for requirements managament, uml, development and tests [message #1425596 is a reply to message #1425409] Wed, 17 September 2014 14:28 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Francesco,

> I would like to know if exist a complete chain to

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a toolchain that fulfills all these requirements. Here is what I am aware of:

• http://polarsys.org/ covers UML, but little else.
  • openETCS covers requirements and UML, and even a traceability plug-in. Download and Doku. It may even include development (I think there are JDT dependencies), but traceability is limited to requirements and UML/SysML.
  • There is an initiative to achieve exactly what you described, but it just started: http://jastram.github.io/teaching/

> Last but not least, Formalmind Studio and Essential ProrR are completely free for industries too?

Yes, no strings attached.

Best,

- Michael
Previous Topic:represent ProR SpecRelations with BIRT
Next Topic:Delete a requirement?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:59:18 GMT 2024