Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Reading .bpmn (2.0) files into Java program(Tutorials for using Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler)
Reading .bpmn (2.0) files into Java program [message #1424370] Mon, 15 September 2014 22:17 Go to next message
Mahmood Ahmad is currently offline Mahmood AhmadFriend
Hi,

I am wondering how and whether I can use APIs of Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler to read model elements from a .bpmn (ver 2.0) file. I have installed jBPM ver 6.1.0 (Full Installer) with Eclipse Kepler SR2 on my Windows 8 64-bit pc.

Is this all what is required tools-set. Please guide me towards using the APIs for reading a .bpmn file to get elements of a process model. Are there any simplified tutorials available?

Regards
MA
Re: Reading .bpmn (2.0) files into Java program [message #1424882 is a reply to message #1424370] Tue, 16 September 2014 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Mahmood,

There is an example project in the BPMN2 Modeler repo that does exactly what you're looking for. See the org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.modelreader plugin in /examples/plugins folder.

HTH,
Bob
Re: Reading .bpmn (2.0) files into Java program [message #1425133 is a reply to message #1424882] Tue, 16 September 2014 22:56 Go to previous message
Mahmood Ahmad is currently offline Mahmood AhmadFriend
Thanks Bob,

I'll surely try and use this example. It sounds like a simpler option than what I found (below).

Meanwhile, I have also come across the BPMN 2.0 Metamodel implementation that also contains java implementation to (I guess) create and read BPMN 2.0 models with both XML and XMI formats. I downloaded those from org.eclipse.bpmn2 Git repository and am currently trying some hands-on with these. This implementation has been documented by Reiner Hille-Doering from SAP, AG.

(I think I can't mention the external website link for this article as I have currently fewer than 5 messages, as the forum limits on external links.)

Many thanks and regards
Mahmood
Previous Topic:Task element, Simulation Property Tab, "blinking" problem
Next Topic:Delete SequenceFlow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:25:23 GMT 2024