Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Export in list-form possible?
Export in list-form possible? [message #1424059] Mon, 15 September 2014 11:50 Go to next message
Bloody Albatros is currently offline Bloody AlbatrosFriend
Hello everyone,

i just stumbled over ProR and after i am in need of a slim and functional requirement management tool it seems to be the answer of my dreams.

But to use it in my company i still need something like "export to a list". Preferable with checks for closed requirements.

Is that already available or is that an open todo?

Best regards,
Gerrit
Re: Export in list-form possible? [message #1424108 is a reply to message #1424059] Mon, 15 September 2014 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Gerrit,

> it seems to be the answer of my dreams.

That's nice to hear. Smile

> i still need something like "export to a list"

Can you elaborate? Do you mean an export as CSV or Excel?

ProR is still weak with respect to Import/Export/Reporting. So chances are that what you're looking for does not exist yet.

If you just need a simple export of open requirements as a list, you can probably hack together an XSL Transformation that operates directly on the ReqIF.

Please provide more details, and I will tell you what's available/possible.

Best,

- Michael
Re: Export in list-form possible? [message #1424115 is a reply to message #1424108] Mon, 15 September 2014 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloody Albatros is currently offline Bloody AlbatrosFriend
Hello Michael

thx for fast reply,

The resulting list should just represent the fulfilled requirements and the open requirements.
If it is delivered by an excel list, csv, data base or what ever, it doesn't really matter as long as there is one option to print it out in an understandable form.

Like I mentioned: Slim and functional.

And to my shame I have to admit, my hacking days are long gone ...

Best,
-Gerrit
Re: Export in list-form possible? [message #1424327 is a reply to message #1424115] Mon, 15 September 2014 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Gerrit,

> If it is delivered by an excel list, csv, data base or what ever, it doesn't really matter as long as there is one option to print it out in an understandable form.

This is on the todo-list, but to be honest, it won't happen anytime soon. There are just not that many volunteers working, and those who do currently have other priorities (see Roadmap).

If this is for your employer and commissioning is an option, you can contact me via http://www.formalmind.com/contact . We offer discounts for work that is being donated back to the open source.

Best,

- Michael
Re: Export in list-form possible? [message #1506153 is a reply to message #1424059] Wed, 10 December 2014 16:18 Go to previous message
John T. Stelzer is currently offline John T. StelzerFriend
there is a possibility to export the requirements as html -> click "File" and "Print" -> your default browser comes up showing the reqs in html

[Updated on: Wed, 10 December 2014 16:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to import RIF or export to RIF
Next Topic:Changes to HTML Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:19:45 GMT 2024