Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Project from SVN - Could not find or load main class(Error Msg solving )
Project from SVN - Could not find or load main class [message #1417803] Sat, 06 September 2014 02:35 Go to next message
Hongyun Lee is currently offline Hongyun LeeFriend
I have connected to the repository from my desktop. Everything was smooth until I tried to add a new class and run. The new class has only main method with printing out "hello". When I run, compiler says, "Error: Could not find or load main class TestJavaSVN"

If anyone has had the same problem or knows the solution, please let me know. I guess the solution might be very simple though I don't notice.

I've found that bin folder is empty; even when I create a new class, the bin is empty. So, I tested src and bin folders which are under the project folder. I made .class with cmd and moved the .class file to bin manually. Then pushed run button. It worked. However, if I change the code from eclipse and run, eclipse's console only shows the previous codes. The odd thing is that, at "project->property->build path" the default output folder is bin. Setting looks fine though.
Re: Project from SVN - Could not find or load main class [message #1439024 is a reply to message #1417803] Mon, 06 October 2014 20:04 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

It looks like you have "auto build" option turned off. Which is not related to SVN, but anyway, please check "Project->Build Automatically" menu item. There should be a "check" sign present. If you don't need hte autobuild, you could just start it manually.
Previous Topic:Multirepostory Checkout not working in eclipse
Next Topic:Team / Set properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 02:17:09 GMT 2024