Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » NoSQL and Scout(Is it possible to integrate the NoSQL in Scout)
NoSQL and Scout [message #1414838] Mon, 01 September 2014 12:02 Go to next message
barust Mising name is currently offline barust Mising nameFriend
Is it possible to use a non-relational databases (similar to MongoDB, Oracle NoSQL, etc..) In the Scout?
Re: NoSQL and Scout [message #1414841 is a reply to message #1414838] Mon, 01 September 2014 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found some information on the forums:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/490239/
https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/NoSQL#Ordering_Example

I would like to hear the opinion of Scout users?

Sincerely,
Bakhtiyor
Re: NoSQL and Scout [message #1414847 is a reply to message #1414838] Mon, 01 September 2014 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
You can bind basically everything in the Scout Server... In my opinion the only requirement is to have a Java API to communicate with the service (like the JDBC Drivers for relational Databases).

Because we use relational DB a lot, we have more experience and a layer for relational DB (SqlServices and a lot of convenience layer), but you can do what you want.

See also: How to participate in service transactions? (thread about using Neo4j in Eclipse Scout)

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2014 12:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NoSQL and Scout [message #1414856 is a reply to message #1414847] Mon, 01 September 2014 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
MongoDB, for example, has a very simple Java driver. Since the "SQL" class of scout is only a convenience class for the sqlservice, you can do the same thing: integrate the java library/driver into the server and then just create a service that wraps the lib functions or offers some additional functions for convenience.

May I ask you why or for what you want to use NoSQL? I'm asking, because NoSQL can be everything: key-value, document store, column store or even graph database like neo4j.
And you have to consider that most NoSQL systems don't guarantee ACID for better perfomance. But in business applications (where scout if mostly used for), ACID is crucial!

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2014 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NoSQL and Scout [message #1414881 is a reply to message #1414847] Mon, 01 September 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice, Jérémie!
I understood the basic idea that you suggested and certainly will use them. For positive test results I can share on the forum.
Re: NoSQL and Scout [message #1415227 is a reply to message #1414856] Tue, 02 September 2014 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Dennis Geesen:

Initially, my question about the possibility of using NoSQL, I wanted to find out the possibility of using other data storage and processing systems in Scout.

Quote:
May I ask you why or for what you want to use NoSQL?

Supposed to solve the problem with a large data processing (Big Data), scalability and clustering. Taken as a basis: document processing and quick access to pictures on the key values ​​of the objects.

Quote:
I'm asking, because NoSQL can be everything: key-value, document store, column store or even graph database like neo4j.

What kind of technology use has not been resolved, although as I wrote above, this is likely to Document-Oriented Store or Key-Value Store.

About ACID:
I agree with you that most NoSQL systems do not guarantee requirements ACID, but in the developed system proposed to use NoSQL and relational database systems. I think that it would be difficult to solve this kind of problem. But this is solved, is not it?
Re: NoSQL and Scout [message #1415374 is a reply to message #1415227] Tue, 02 September 2014 16:20 Go to previous message
Dennis Geesen is currently offline Dennis GeesenFriend
Ah ok, the rough scenario you mentioned sounds like a typical document-oriented database like mongodb (for me anyway Smile)

My intention for the question was also in relation to the scout forms. Since there is also some kind of a hierarchical structure when there are embedded forms, which looks very similar to JSON... For example a mainform with two subforms and each subform may have diffrent formfields. In a relational world, you have to beat out... But, I want to have ACID Very Happy
So, if you'll have some new experiences with NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) let us know!
Previous Topic:execStore() and Confirmation
Next Topic:Outline open form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:27:51 GMT 2024