Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Viewer Error
BIRT Viewer Error [message #1413788] Fri, 29 August 2014 12:24 Go to next message
Ziad Ali is currently offline Ziad AliFriend
Hi,

i'm trying to update the birt viewer in my server but getting an error.

The error is this:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EmitterInfo.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Boolean;Ljava/lang/Boolean;Lorg/eclipse/birt/core/framework/IConfigurationElement;)V
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.extension.internal.ExtensionManager.loadEmitterExtensionDefns(ExtensionManager.java:593)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.extension.internal.ExtensionManager.<init>(ExtensionManager.java:142)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.extension.internal.ExtensionManager.createInstance(ExtensionManager.java:155)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.extension.internal.ExtensionManager.getInstance(ExtensionManager.java:164)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.<init>(ReportEngineHelper.java:79)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.<init>(ReportEngine.java:127)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory$1.run(ReportEngineFactory.java:18)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory$1.run(ReportEngineFactory.java:1)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

My server is jboss, and this is how i tried:

I was using 2.3.2 version, and trying to update to 2.5.0
1)Downloaded the runtime from birt site;
2)Pasted where the old folder is;
3) Change the configuration archive of jboss with this line:
#report.engine.home=C:/user/dts-0/ServidorAplicacao/birt-runtime-2_3_2/ReportEngine
report.engine.home=C:/user/dts-0/ServidorAplicacao/birt-runtime-2_5_0/ReportEngine

4) tried: localhost:8080/birt and shows the page saying that the birt version is installed. But when i try to open a report it shows blank. And when i tried to generate a rptdesign of mine, it shows the error i pointed in the beginning of the topic.

I read in somewhere that if you want to upgrade birt, you have to upgrade mannualy some plugins. But where?

[Updated on: Fri, 29 August 2014 13:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BIRT Viewer Error [message #1415980 is a reply to message #1413788] Thu, 04 September 2014 05:00 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You replaced the current viewer in JBoss with the new WebViewerExample and it tells you the 2.5.0 viewer is installed? Does the test report run?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:How to find out page breaks using birt api
Next Topic:How to calculate percentage in the same column?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 19:43:11 GMT 2024