Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » [solved] EMF ItemProvider customization in Sirius property editor?(Property editors in sirius diagrams seems to ignore EMF ItermProvider customizations)
[solved] EMF ItemProvider customization in Sirius property editor? [message #1413742] Fri, 29 August 2014 10:06 Go to next message
Mauro Antonaci is currently offline Mauro AntonaciFriend
Hi,
I'm starting to use Sirius to build some graphic modeler for our Model Driven Development tool.

First of all I wish to say that this is an amazing tool: we were waiting for such a tool literally for years! Now we finally can do seriously and go beyond structured tree editor without falling into GMF nightmare...

I'm using version 1.0.1 of the tool on Luna.

Now the question.

The property editor used in sirius diagrams seems to ignore the customizations in the EMF generated edit plugin of semantic metamodels. We did some classic customizations, for example:

1. we customized some ItemProvider.getText() method in order to provide more explicit labels in the EMF generated structured tree editor, but now we can't see these custom labels in the sirius property editor (for example in the options of a select box associated with a non contained EReference)
  2. we customized some getComboBoxObjects() method (when adding corresponding PropertyDescriptor in ItemProvider initialization) to do some context-based restriction to the set of candidates for non contained EReference: while it works well in the structured tree editor, in the corresponding select box provided that the sirius diagram property editor this option restriction seem to have no effect

Now my question is: is this a known and desired behavior? If yes: [1] and, most of all, [2] can be a serious usability issue.

Reading another thread it seems that this should work: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/648110/.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Thu, 15 January 2015 15:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EMF ItemProvider customization in Sirius property editor? [message #1565485 is a reply to message #1413742] Thu, 15 January 2015 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some news on this topic: I built from scratch a small sample and the customization works fine. So I have to do some further investigation to see what's strange / different on my actual project....
Re: EMF ItemProvider customization in Sirius property editor? [message #1565852 is a reply to message #1565485] Thu, 15 January 2015 14:21 Go to previous message
Finally solved the issue: the EMF generated classes were too "old" (generated with an old version of EMF).
I re-generated [model+edit+editor] with the version of EMF that is now on Luna.

I'm not sure if this is really the problem, but i redeployed the model plugin and now all works fine.

Previous Topic:Create edges between siblings
Next Topic:Problem: Include queries written in separate acceleo mtl file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:25:02 GMT 2024