Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » DocumentRoot is generated in final XML
DocumentRoot is generated in final XML [message #1408655] Fri, 15 August 2014 17:58 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
I was working on my model and wrote substantial supporting code around it. After needed regen my XML contains DocumentRoot in it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rep:DocumentRoot xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:rep="http://repo.com/xml/repository">
  <rChannel description="" name="ww" targetServer="7.0.2-SNAPSHOT" uid="161FC3B35274C9963FA4DAD0574DF550"/>
</rep:DocumentRoot>

I am not sure what caused it, and I remember I fix this in the past, but don't remember what I did. I have different roots of the model created into separate files and all of them, including above mentioned channel element using the same code:

protected abstract EReference getModelEReference();

protected EObject createInitialModel(String guid) {
	EClass eClass = ExtendedMetaData.INSTANCE.getDocumentRoot(channelPackage);
	EStructuralFeature eStructuralFeature = eClass.getEStructuralFeature(getModelEReference().getName());
	EObject rootObject = channelFactory.create(eClass);

rootObject.eSet(eStructuralFeature, EcoreUtil.create((EClass)eStructuralFeature.getEType()));
	EObject feature = (EObject) rootObject.eGet(eStructuralFeature);

feature.eSet(ChannelPackage.eINSTANCE.getComponent_Name(), (String) model.get(AbstractIWResourceGeneralPropertiesPage.RESOURCE_NAME));
	feature.eSet(ChannelPackage.eINSTANCE.getComponent_Description(), (String) model.get(AbstractIWResourceGeneralPropertiesPage.RESOURCE_DESC));
	feature.eSet(ChannelPackage.eINSTANCE.getComponent_TargetServer(), (String) model.get(AbstractIWResourceGeneralPropertiesPage.RESOURCE_TARGET_VERSION));
	feature.eSet(ChannelPackage.eINSTANCE.getComponent_Uid(), guid);

return rootObject;
	}

I think it's something minor I overlooked. Any help is appreciated.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 August 2014 17:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DocumentRoot is generated in final XML [message #1408958 is a reply to message #1408655] Sat, 16 August 2014 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonid Ripeynih is currently offline Leonid RipeynihFriend
Serrizlization result depends on what resource implementation you're using, and not model itself is created. So, code with resource/resourceSet instantiation would be more uselful.

From what I see in you serrialized model - it's an XMI resource, not an XML. Chech resource instances you're using, and resource factory registrations (including file extensions).
Re: DocumentRoot is generated in final XML [message #1410072 is a reply to message #1408958] Tue, 19 August 2014 18:53 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Thanks Leonid,

I found the problem thanks to your hits. I was moving code around and somewhere down the line omitted org.eclipse.emf.ecore.extension_parser that maps file extension to resource factory. Once I defined it everything worked.
Previous Topic:CDO Timeout Exception
Next Topic:Hiding menu items from context menu of generated editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:13:36 GMT 2024