Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Annotation @PostConstruct not called for fragment
Annotation @PostConstruct not called for fragment [message #1407780] Wed, 13 August 2014 12:34 Go to next message
Alexander Klatt is currently offline Alexander KlattFriend
Hello,

I am providing a Part control to an existing Part Stack via a plug-in that defines a fragment.e4xmi.
This seems to work, but for this new Part, the method annotated with @PostConstruct is not being called.
Info: for the application and the plug-in I am importing javax.annotation as a package and not as a plug-in.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?
Re: Annotation @PostConstruct not called for fragment [message #1407839 is a reply to message #1407780] Wed, 13 August 2014 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
This is generally because your bundle is bringing in a different PostConstruct class than that used by the DI. Try specifying a package version; see the E4 FAQ for details.

Brian.
Re: Annotation @PostConstruct not called for fragment [message #1407860 is a reply to message #1407839] Wed, 13 August 2014 16:30 Go to previous message
Alexander Klatt is currently offline Alexander KlattFriend
Thanks so much! I kind of overread, that you have to specify a version.
Previous Topic:ModelAssembler fragment merge ordering failing?
Next Topic:Does e4 use a different SelectionService?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:06:05 GMT 2024