Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Hangs When Opening a Workspace
Eclipse Hangs When Opening a Workspace [message #1404431] Fri, 01 August 2014 10:51 Go to next message
sabrina monica is currently offline sabrina monicaFriend
Hi all!

I'm new to eclipse so there's really a lot of things that I still have to know.

Here's my problem: I started using Eclipse last week and it was working fine until I restarted my laptop earlier. When I opened Eclipse, as usual it will ask for the workspace and upon filling that up it would continue to load. When it's done loading the necessities, there would appear an empty error message box. The title is "Error"
but it does not contain any details on what kind of error it is. I checked the logs and found no info in there that could help me fix it.

index.php/fa/18728/0/

Specs:
Eclipse Juno
Java version 1.7.0_65
Windows 7 Ultimate

I've been googling for possible solutions for this error and all of the suggestions didn't work. Here are the possible solutions I found:
a. deleting the file .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/156204/)
b. deleting the folder "org.eclipse.ui.workbench" (blog.elitecoderz.net/repair-eclipse-workbencheclipse-workbench-reparieren/2009/06/)
c. running eclipse -clean -cleanPersistedState on the command line

All of these didn't work. And I badly need Eclipse to work on my computer. Kindly show some light guys.

Thanks!
Re: Eclipse Hangs When Opening a Workspace [message #1404457 is a reply to message #1404431] Fri, 01 August 2014 13:47 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
a) Is there a particular reason you must use the Juno release? It's 2 years old, so updating to a newer version is recommended.
b) Can you expand the dialog window to see more of the title? It looks like there is more text that might provide some clues.
Previous Topic:How do I move all projects in a workspace?
Next Topic:XML Version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 20:11:04 GMT 2024