Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Oomph doesn't show any Products
Oomph doesn't show any Products [message #1403896] Mon, 28 July 2014 13:56 Go to next message
Johannes Dorn is currently offline Johannes DornFriend
I'm feeling like i'm spamming this forum, sorry for that.

I was testing a .setup file in windows. This file(almost) works fine under Mac OS X.

What does not work in Mac OS X is the auto discovery of the setup file. I tried putting it next to the setup-eclipse.app as well as into setup-eclipse.app/Contents/MacOs
But i can put it into the list by drag&drop on the Eclipse.org container of the projects selection list.

Now, in windows the auto discovery doesn't work either, but dragging&dropping doesn't work either. I get the cursor that indicates that the setup file can't be dropped.

Next i tried editing my user setup file at HOME/.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.setup/setups/user.setup according to the discussion at https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/780854/

It didn't work. THe file didn't show up. When i checked the file again, my changes were gone. Restarting the Setup again, i discovered that the Product selection list was completely empty! Clicking refresh didn't work, the popup was only there for half a second.

To fix my oomph setup, i tried to delete the HOME/.eclipse/ and HOME/.p2/ folders, but still the list was completely empty.
Half an hour later, clicking refresh suddenly works. Now my Oomph works again, but i still face the original problem: I can't get my setup into the Projects selection list.

How do i get my setup to appear in the projects selection list in Windows? Preferably without requiring drag&drop or editing of files.
Re: Oomph doesn't show any Products [message #1403904 is a reply to message #1403896] Mon, 28 July 2014 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abel Hegedus is currently offline Abel HegedusFriend
The only two ways of adding your setup to the installer (as far as I know, as of 2014.07.28) is drag&drop and manual editing of the setup file.

If you can put it into the Eclipse.org list on OS X, then you should edit the org.eclipse.project.setup file instead of user.setup.

If the drag&drop doesn't let you drop it, then there may be some validation that fails, are you using the same installer version in both cases?

Maybe you could try to deploy an Oomph development Eclipse in Windows and open the setup to see if the validator shows any errors in the outline view?

There could also be some encoding problems in the setup file (I'm just trying to list problems that may be caused by different OS).
Re: Oomph doesn't show any Products [message #1403948 is a reply to message #1403904] Mon, 28 July 2014 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've managed to get the setup into the project selection list by manually putting it into the org.eclipse.project.setup file, thank you Abel.
This shows that the .setup file itself is valid.

Unfortunately, this does not solve the main problem. The setup file should be picked up automatically when placed next to the setup-eclipse.exe, or at least by drag&drop.

FYI, under OS X i can drag&drop the setup into any container, e.g. github.com.
Re: Oomph doesn't show any Products [message #1403961 is a reply to message #1403948] Mon, 28 July 2014 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Johannes,

Comments below.

On 28/07/2014 7:01 PM, Johannes Dorn wrote:
> I've managed to get the setup into the project selection list by
> manually putting it into the org.eclipse.project.setup file, thank you
> Abel.
> This shows that the .setup file itself is valid.
>
> Unfortunately, this does not solve the main problem. The setup file
> should be picked up automatically when placed next to the
> setup-eclipse.exe, or at least by drag&drop.
No, it must be in a catalog, but yes, drag and drop should put it there.
>
> FYI, under OS X i can drag&drop the setup into any container, e.g.
> github.com.
You're sure you're on the second page of the wizard? Of course you
can't drag and drop once it's already in there...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Oomph doesn't show any Products [message #1403972 is a reply to message #1403961] Mon, 28 July 2014 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, i am sure i am on the second page.
And the setup isn't already there.

As Andreas has pointed out in https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/i/ this only affects the standalone installer under windows.
When Using the Import Project button from within Eclipse, the dialog accepts the same file via drag&drop.
Re: Oomph doesn't show any Products [message #1403998 is a reply to message #1403972] Tue, 29 July 2014 04:59 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Johannes,

It works for me on Windows, so I'm not sure the problem. In any case,
something more discoverable is needed, i.e., either a context menu
action or a button (and of course it should be possible to remove a
project as well as add it), so please open an enhancement request.

On 28/07/2014 10:01 PM, Johannes Dorn wrote:
> Yes, i am sure i am on the second page.
> And the setup isn't already there.
>
> As Andreas has pointed out in
> https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/i/ this only affects the
> standalone installer under windows.
> When Using the Import Project button from within Eclipse, the dialog
> accepts the same file via drag&drop.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Google authentication for gerrit/jenkins
Next Topic:Specifying proxy to use
Goto Forum: