Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Commit single file or single project only
Commit single file or single project only [message #1403728] Fri, 25 July 2014 15:57 Go to next message
Leiha S is currently offline Leiha SFriend
Hi all,
I have a problem with egit

I have many projects opened in Eclipse.

When i want commit the files changed / added on only one project, Eclipse list all files in all project in the dialog box of the commit.

It's the same issue when i want commit only one file, all files modified /added are presents in the dialog box

i don't understand why.. Sad

Have you ideas for resolving this problem ?
thank you in advance ^^
Re: Commit single file or single project only [message #1403877 is a reply to message #1403728] Mon, 28 July 2014 11:56 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Git checks what you modified on repository level. If your repository contains many Eclipse projects and you want
to only commit changes from one of the modified projects you may try the following:
- open the Git Staging View
- select the presentation mode "Compact Tree"
- then the modified files are shown in a compact tree representation
- stage the modifications of the project you want to commit, either drag and drop the corresponding tree node
to the staged changes pane or click "Add to Git Index" from the context menu
- enter the commit message
- click "Commit" or "Commit & Push"
Previous Topic:Why do (all) eclipse projects have a .gitignore per plug-in project?
Next Topic:how to create git branch in remote repository without checking out using jgit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 11:50:50 GMT 2024