Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Codeanalysis in cxWidgets Project(Code analysis is not able to resolve 2nd level includes, but Project compiles)
Codeanalysis in cxWidgets Project [message #1402840] Thu, 17 July 2014 18:35
Martin Staudigel is currently offline Martin StaudigelFriend
Hello community,

it's my first post, my name is Martin. First "hello" to everybody.
I have some issues with the CDT codeanalysis, and I didn't find helpful information on the net, so I would really appreciate if someone could give me a hint.
I'm using Eclipse V4.3.2 20140221 with CDT 8.3.0.201402142303 on a Debian Wheezy System. I installed the wxWidgets libs and headers from the packet manager, and everything seemed to work fine.
When I was creating a first test project, I got several errors 'Symbol XY could not be resolved'. XY is an element which is defined in a header file which is included by another headerfile, which is part of the xwWidgets library.
For example:
#include "wx/wx.h"
class MyApp : public wxApp

Causes the error Symbol wxApp could not be resolved.
When I have a look at wx.h I see an
#include "wx/app.h"
This file seems to include the declaration of the wxApp class.
Compilation of the demo project works without any errors, but I cannot use the code-completition features of CDT and all the red lines drive me mad.

I'd really appreciate, if anybody could help me understanding whether it's my fault or a general problem concerning external libraries.

Thank you,
Martin

Previous Topic:Problems downloading artifact
Next Topic:Eclipse C++ error "Launch failed. Binary not found." HELP!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:10:49 GMT 2024