Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Default Comparison Scope in v3.1.0
Default Comparison Scope in v3.1.0 [message #1391072] Mon, 30 June 2014 12:02 Go to next message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Hi,
today I tried to migrate my tool to Luna and I recognized that one line in my old code is deprecated:

Comparison comparison = comparator.compare(EMFCompare.createDefaultScope(originalModel, fakeRefactoredModel));

I just want to ask if the convenient replacement of the above (in EMF Compare version 3.1.0) is as follows?:

DefaultComparisonScope scope = new DefaultComparisonScope(originalModel, fakeRefactoredModel, null);
Comparison comparison = comparator.compare(scope);

Is there some document illustrating version migration issues?

cheers,
Jan
Re: Default Comparison Scope in v3.1.0 [message #1391084 is a reply to message #1391072] Mon, 30 June 2014 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mikael Barbero is currently offline Mikael BarberoFriend
Hi Jan,

The replacement you made is the proper one (as indicated in the javadoc of the deprecated method EMFCompare#createDefaultScope).

Unfortunately, we dont have a document all migrations issues. Still, all items that became @deprecated should have a comment explaining by what they should be substituted. If you have any issue regarding the migration, please feel free to ask any further question on this forum.

Cheers,

Best regards,

Mikael Barbero
Obeo

[Updated on: Mon, 30 June 2014 12:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Default Comparison Scope in v3.1.0 [message #1391093 is a reply to message #1391084] Mon, 30 June 2014 12:36 Go to previous message
Jan Reimann is currently offline Jan ReimannFriend
Ok, thanks Mikael.

cheers,
Jan
Previous Topic:Discouraged access to EMF files
Next Topic:Programmatically "merge without deletions"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:52:58 GMT 2024