Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » installing plugins(Kepler: unable to install any plugins)
installing plugins [message #1387542] Wed, 25 June 2014 08:28 Go to next message
kaili kameoka is currently offline kaili kameokaFriend
I am new to eclipse and xml.

I looked in the marketplace for xml plugin and was unable to install anything there.
I also tried looking in the "Install new updates" and it was unable to find anything in the when i chose all.

I am not sure how else i can use xml files in eclipse.
Re: installing plugins [message #1387612 is a reply to message #1387542] Wed, 25 June 2014 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The options are "Check for Updates" and "Install New Software", not "Install new updates".

Check your Available Software Sites preference page; there should be an enabled entry for http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler . You will find XML tools in there when you Install New Software (assuming your Kepler download does not already contain it).

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 25 June 2014 10:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: installing plugins [message #1387876 is a reply to message #1387612] Wed, 25 June 2014 18:19 Go to previous message
kaili kameoka is currently offline kaili kameokaFriend
@Ntin Dahyabhai I tried placing the url you gave in the "work with" box of the Install New Software dialogue box. It said that it was unable to find the repository at the site.
Previous Topic:What plugin to install for JavaFX GUI design?
Next Topic:random_device cannot resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:42:14 GMT 2024