Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Live editing, reconciling
Live editing, reconciling [message #1384386] Wed, 28 May 2014 21:53 Go to next message
Alex Boyko is currently offline Alex BoykoFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to create an editor plugin for Orion that would allow live editing of a file in Orion. For example if multiple people changing the same file resource I'd like to see live changes in my editor. In other words I'd like to see changes in my editor not after someone saves the resource, but as someone types characters. Suppose i have a messaging server which receives and broadcasts changes to all clients editing the same resource.
Looks like i can create a plugin for Orion editor to transmit changes to the messaging server using "orion.edit.model" extension with onModelChanging event.
How can I sync back changes from others coming from the messaging server back to my Orion editor? Is this possible with a plugin?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Alex
Re: Live editing, reconciling [message #1397784 is a reply to message #1384386] Thu, 10 July 2014 06:48 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Have a look at "Orion + Flux" video. I think this is near to what you are looking for.

I think they want to propose a multi-user approach.

Previous Topic:Marketplace Issue
Next Topic:Exporting orion.product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:09:40 GMT 2024