Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Why using new model instead of using the model generated by xsd file
Why using new model instead of using the model generated by xsd file [message #1339263] Wed, 07 May 2014 15:48 Go to next message
becks m is currently offline becks mFriend
Hi,

Did you make a new model manually instead of using the one generated by EMF from the xsd file ?

I noticed that you have a converter to convert the model generated from xsd filel to your model ..... am I right ?

if im right,, why did u do this ? is it only for model clarity as I see that the generated model by EMF from xsd lacks the hierarchy.. there's no inheritance in it.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2014 15:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why using new model instead of using the model generated by xsd file [message #1339562 is a reply to message #1339263] Wed, 07 May 2014 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Becks,

The OMG provides a cmof, which we used as the starting point, quite a bit of transforming and massaging required:

http://www.omg.org/spec/ReqIF/1.0.1/

This should explain some of the oddities in the model.

Best,

- Michael
Re: Why using new model instead of using the model generated by xsd file [message #1341058 is a reply to message #1339562] Thu, 08 May 2014 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
becks m is currently offline becks mFriend
Thanks MIchael.
Is there a CMOF file for RIF ?

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2014 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why using new model instead of using the model generated by xsd file [message #1352228 is a reply to message #1341058] Tue, 13 May 2014 11:07 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Becks,

> Is there a CMOF file for RIF ?

I am sure there is somewhere, but I couldn't find it online any more. Before the OMG got in charge, RIF was in the hands of ProSTEP and HIS (Herstellerinitiative Software). But they don't seem to have materials online any more.

Also, you could look whether it's stored in the RMF repository in the respective projects.

I hope that helps for now - I don't have the time to dig deeper, unfortunately. Good luck,

- Michael
Previous Topic:Using of GUI is really difficult
Next Topic:Getting Started for non-experts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:05:26 GMT 2024