Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Create new Android app that searches(Android Searchable App)
Create new Android app that searches [message #1307626] Mon, 21 April 2014 17:43 Go to next message
Dwayne KIlgore is currently offline Dwayne KIlgoreFriend
I am new to Android development and I have about 2 MB of information that I would like to create an Android app for. Basically it's just a reference for me of information relevant to my job which is sales. It is a list of products with their associated prices. I would like to be able to search it but I also would like to view it in a nice fashion on my Android phone. The data will not be accessed online but rather loaded with the application. How should I go about this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Is Eclipse GUI interface the answer? Should I create a SQLite database for the data?
Re: Create new Android app that searches [message #1307658 is a reply to message #1307626] Mon, 21 April 2014 18:08 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

SQLite might be an answer for storing and retrieving this data, but ultimately you'll need the Android Development Tools (ADT) to create your application, and the Android community to guide you. For your case, Eclipse is simply the underlying platform for those tools, just as Java itself is the platform on which Eclipse is built.

See http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/225513/

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:gdb debugger connection error in parallel debugging mode
Next Topic:doxyfile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:50:37 GMT 2024