Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » converting to maven project gives exception(while converting a dynamic web project to maven project, pom.xml gives an exception )
converting to maven project gives exception [message #1267109] Sat, 08 March 2014 13:15 Go to next message
harsh saikia is currently offline harsh saikiaFriend
I am using eclipse kepler version.When i tried to convert a dynamic web project to maven project,

pom.xml showed the following exception:

Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven-war-plugin:2.3 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved.Failed to read artifact description for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:jar:2.3

Can anyone please tell me what should i do about it. I went through similar type of question asked by other users, there it was told to change something in settings.xml file in repository folder.But when i went to .m2/repository folder, i could not find any settings.xml file. Seems to me there is no settings.xml file there.
Re: converting to maven project gives exception [message #1268418 is a reply to message #1267109] Mon, 10 March 2014 13:25 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving to the m2e forum.
Previous Topic:Maven sources ordering after regenerating eclipse files
Next Topic:Why is Eclipse adding a workspace folder to my Maven Project when I share it with Git?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:26:02 GMT 2024