Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » AMP and C/C++ IDE(Use of AMP with C/C++ IDE)
AMP and C/C++ IDE [message #1258302] Thu, 27 February 2014 08:46 Go to next message
Giannis Goutas is currently offline Giannis GoutasFriend
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if it is possible to use AMP for Agent based Modeling in C/C++ Eclipse IDE.

As you can see my main objective is to create a MultiAgent System using C++ and no Java. Otherwise AMP with Java is perfect.

Thank you in advance,

Giannis
Re: AMP and C/C++ IDE [message #1258728 is a reply to message #1258302] Thu, 27 February 2014 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi Giannis,

You would need to modify or develop new templates and find a minimal target framework for generating the models or write your own. Also, note that all of the visualization tools are written in Java so you'd need to have some way to hook into those. So AMP might be a good starting point for tooling and modeling, but it wouldn't provide a ready made solution.

cheers,

Miles
Re: AMP and C/C++ IDE [message #1259304 is a reply to message #1258302] Fri, 28 February 2014 08:30 Go to previous message
Giannis Goutas is currently offline Giannis GoutasFriend
Hi Miles,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. So, i feel like in this case Java would be much more preferable rather than trying to re-invent the wheel using c++ Razz ...
Previous Topic:Target Platforms Extensions and Eclipse compatibility issues
Next Topic:Failure of executing StupidModel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:07:40 GMT 2024