Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » installing cordova and phonegap to work with eclipse and netbeans
installing cordova and phonegap to work with eclipse and netbeans [message #1254246] Sun, 23 February 2014 06:20 Go to next message
alric gory is currently offline alric goryFriend
cordova installing
in jQuery Mobile • 13 minutes ago
I have got stuck installing cordova. Have been following these steps in order to prepare the environment for converting a html+jqm app into android application. Please help me progress.

1. Download and Install node.js
2. Run the command npm install -g phonegap (in case of phonegap installation) or run the command npm install -g cordova (in case of Cordova installation).
3. As the installation gets completed you can notice this:
4. C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\cordova -> C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\bin\cordova
5. Notice the above line you can see the path were the file is mentioned. Copy that path. In my case it is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\cordova so use cd C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\npm\ and type cordova. There it is.

6. Since the -g key value isn't working you have set the Environment Variables path:
Press Win + Pause|Break or right click on Computer and choose Properties.
Click Advanced system settings on the left.
Click Environment Variables under the Advanced tab.
Select the PATH variable and click Edit.
Copy the path mentioned above to the value field and press OK.

I have also installed phonegap, although it is not clear to me whether these two, ie. cordova and phonegap complement each other or replace.

npm install -g phonegap

What to do next?
Re: installing cordova and phonegap to work with eclipse and netbeans [message #1254318 is a reply to message #1254246] Sun, 23 February 2014 08:14 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Neither PhoneGap nor Cordova are provided by Eclipse.org. You may find answers at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/cordova . I don't know if there is a similar forum dedicated to Cordova/PhoneGap.

As for the relationship between PhoneGap and Cordova, it is within their FAQ: http://phonegap.com/about/faq/ .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Creating XML with an RCP
Next Topic:Kepler: Install and update broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:04:16 GMT 2024