Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Store title of tab
Store title of tab [message #1252750] Fri, 21 February 2014 15:14 Go to next message
daniele fochetti is currently offline daniele fochettiFriend
Hi all

In our RCP/SWT application we have a tabbed component of which the tab titles contain dynamically created key values.

Later on in the test case I need these key values, so I was searching for a possibility to store these key values in a variable - without any luck so far.

Is there a solution available right now or would it be possible to enhance the Tabbed Component to offer an action like 'Store selected Tab Title'?

TIA
Daniele
Re: Store title of tab [message #1256293 is a reply to message #1252750] Tue, 25 February 2014 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajantha Yogamoorthy is currently offline Ajantha YogamoorthyFriend
Hello Daniele,

you can use the unbound_module storeValue. If you have an idea for a feature like "Store selected Tab Title" we are highly welcome a patch.

Hope that helps,
Ajantha
Re: Store title of tab [message #1257644 is a reply to message #1252750] Wed, 26 February 2014 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniele fochetti is currently offline daniele fochettiFriend
Hi Ajantha

For me the simplest solution would be extending some how org.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.tester.TabbedPanTester since this class already is dealing with the tab title.

I tried with the help of the Functional Testing Extension Manual to implement my own Tester Class TabbedPaneCustTester extending TabbedPanTester.

Unfortunately without success.

I have to admit that I'm new to the whole RCP/Eclipse/Plugin/Feature thema.

I created a Plugin Projcet containing a TookitProvider extending abstractToolkitProvider, an Activator and some i18n properties.
In the same project I put the ComponentConfiguration.xml file. See attachment.

I'm not sure with the declaration of the extensions for the Plugin. What do I have to declare there. See attachment.

I created the feature and placed the previously created Plugin to be packaged in the feature. See attachment.

My target platform references the jubula installation and the development/extension-toolkit-rc.zip. The features org.eclipse.jubula.feature and org.eclipse.rcp and many more are selected.

I hope you can give me some more advice.

TIA
Daniele
Re: Store title of tab [message #1258258 is a reply to message #1257644] Thu, 27 February 2014 08:03 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Daniele,

The best place to look for help on this would be in the jubula rc-dev archives or even the jubula-dev archives. There have been a lot of threads there where we've helped out with extensions. If you don't find any answer in the threads, start a new one in the jubula rc-dev mailing list.

Bear in mind as well that you can also have the team implement it for you if you want to do it that way [1].

Best regards,
Alex

[1] http://testing.bredex.de/sponsored-development.html
Previous Topic:Help with AUT in Eclipse IDE (no .exe file)
Next Topic:How to extend jubula for Pshelf widget (nebula)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:08:38 GMT 2024