Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Cannot Close Outline using OutlineViewButton
Cannot Close Outline using OutlineViewButton [message #1244685] Wed, 12 February 2014 18:42 Go to next message
Daniel Branco is currently offline Daniel BrancoFriend
Hello Everyone,

I have a project where it is having a strange behavior. All the Outlines have been manually created without using the Scout Wizard.

When clicking at the different outline buttons the outline is effectively opened but the previous outline is not closed. I have been debuging the code and I have seen that there is a setSelected property that change and I think that there is a listener or something checking this property when changing do stuff like dispose the outline etc... but I havent realize how/where Scout Wizard do that any Idea?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Branco.
Re: Cannot Close Outline using OutlineViewButton [message #1244967 is a reply to message #1244685] Thu, 13 February 2014 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

Can you give more informations? (Eclipse Version, Scout Version, Scout renderer...). It would also be nice to have some screenshot (that show what you get or what you are expecting).

Thank you in advance.
Re: Cannot Close Outline using OutlineViewButton [message #1245148 is a reply to message #1244967] Thu, 13 February 2014 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Jeremie,

Thank you for your interest. The information you have required is the following:

Eclipse Version:

Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers

Version: Kepler Service Release 1
Build id: 20130919-0819

Scout Version:3.9.1.20130918-0824

Scout Renderer: for the moment in SWT

The situation is the following:

What we have far now is a migration from RCP to Scout to show some views and then we will be migrating steadly the components and so on.

We have a base Scout project that has core behavior (like getConfiguredOutlines is contributed, etc...) and a Proof Of Concept project that is extending from the core project to have that common logic and implement the specific project behavior, the Proof Of Concept project has several Outlines with its own pages which each page contains form with formfields that contains the old fashioned Eclipse RCP views inside.

After this We change the ApplicationActionBarAdvisor in order to let the outlines bar button appears and open each outline that we have, when click in each button the AbstractOutlineViewButton.execAction is executed, doing a simple m_desktop.setOutline basically; this execAction in a newly created and basic Scout project what it does is to close the outline opened and open the Outline to which that view button refers, but in our case it just keep opening outlines without closing previous one.

index.php/fa/17463/0/

Hope this helps to understand my problem.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Daniel Branco

PS.: If you cant see the image attached you can always access to here Proof Of Concept
Re: Cannot Close Outline using OutlineViewButton [message #1245186 is a reply to message #1244685] Thu, 13 February 2014 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Jeremie,

In addition to understand what's happening I took the desktop created in a newly Scout Project which was working as desired and adapt the desktop to open my outlines and something came up very strangely, maybe this can clarify better my problem.

index.php/fa/17464/0/
index.php/fa/17465/0/
index.php/fa/17466/0/

In the first Image you will see that the Fieldxxx is opened twice (FieldPage and Fieldform, this appears after pressing default button).

Then I pressed the Combo button and the FieldPage is closed, BUT the FieldForm remains, and then after clicking the Custom button remains the FieldForm, the combo*** and the Custom*** outline appears, my best guest is that all the outlines opened are form and the form are not being closed by the execAction only pages.

Do you have any idea why the forms are opened instead pages only.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Branco.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2014 12:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot Close Outline using OutlineViewButton [message #1245302 is a reply to message #1245186] Thu, 13 February 2014 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Jeremie,

We have realised what the problem is, thanks to the Demo Widgets Scout example. In that example you face a similar problem, the thing is that for Scout Framework the Page it is at the same level as the Form, in the example you have overpassed the problem creating a FormPage that will wrap a IPageForm which force an implementation of a Start and a Close actions.

When the AbstractViewButton.execAction executes it sends a Deactive and/or Active notification which will be treated by the FormPage that ask to AbstractPage for the DetailForm and close it during the Deactivation of the page or set it during the Activation of the page.

The problem here is that there is no clear difference between Form and Pages but in AbstractPage exist an IForm that can be used for this kind of situations.

If anyone needs a better clarification of what I'm talking about I recommend you to go to Scout Demo Widgets checkout the code and check the classes FormPage and IPageForm to understand how they interacts with the Pages/Outlines.

Kind regards,
Daniel Branco.
Re: Cannot Close Outline using OutlineViewButton [message #1248643 is a reply to message #1245302] Mon, 17 February 2014 13:51 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thanks for your message.

A Form can displayed as View or as a Dialog. The content of a page (Table in case of a TablePage or the list of Child pages in case of a NodePage) is also displayed as a view. This can be confusing.

Do not hesitate to ask and to share on the wiki!
Previous Topic:RAP theming Menu Bar
Next Topic:Authentication and Authorization in RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:33:03 GMT 2024