Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » We're hiring Software Engineers in Berlin!(We're currently searching for software engineers to create the developer tools for our platform!)
icon6.gif  We're hiring Software Engineers in Berlin! [message #1232273] Thu, 16 January 2014 15:15 Go to next message
Claire Fleming is currently offline Claire FlemingFriend
Hey Everyone! We're currently looking for passionate engineers to help create developer tools for our platform.

Take a look at our website to learn more about our platform and to understand more about how we work.

www.numberfour.eu

I'll post the job specification below. These are rough guidelines to give you an indication into what we're all about. We're looking for developers who are not only passionate for the technologies we're using, but the product we're creating.

To Apply: Please send me an email with your CV to claire@numberfour.eu. Hope to hear from you (yes, you!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software Engineer - Dev Tools

Want to be part of a revolutionary project? We are now looking for software engineers with a strong passion to work on our revolutionary new platform. You will be working with a team of experienced engineers in creating our developer tools, including the IDE and compiler. Your job will be to design and develop key components and features of those tools. You will assist in defining and implementing the developer experience. Have we sparked your interest? Then we want to hear from you!

Responsibilities

Design and develop features of our developer tools, such as compiler, debugger, source editor, refactoring and deployment
Ensure the reliability and efficiency of our developer tools
Enhance the developer experience by making the tools fun, simple and efficient to use
Code primarily in Java
Leverage the Eclipse platform, related tools and libraries
Work in a dynamic team oriented environment using agile methodologies

Experience

At least experience in at least two of the following categories:
- developing applications on top of the Eclipse platform and good understanding of various Eclipse APIs
- Eclipse modeling and language tools, such as EMF, Xtext, Xtend, JDT (internals, not as a user!)
- Programming language theory, compiler construction, or program analysis
- Model driven development a plus
JavaScript and web development experience a plus

Requirements

Very good English communication skills
Ability to quickly learn and apply new ideas
German language skills would be a plus

Compensation

Your smartphone, MacBook Pro and 27″ Cinema Display are waiting for you
Additionally you can participate in the success of the company via company stock options!
At NumberFour you will work as part of an international team with offices in Berlin, Hamburg and Palo Alto, CA, USA
You will be working in one of the hottest Start-ups with world class Management Team and investors
You will have the possibility of working on a product targeting millions of users worldwide, a product that has never been done before
Interested in this position? Then send us your details (Cover Letter, C.V., certificates) so that we can see what you can do!

Re: We're hiring Software Engineers in Berlin! [message #1269032 is a reply to message #1232273] Tue, 11 March 2014 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karthik Natarajan is currently offline Karthik NatarajanFriend

Hi,

I would like to apply for this position if this still ON

Thanks & Regards
Karthik Natarajan
karthik(dot)raj06(at)gmail.com

Regards
Karthik Natarajan
Re: We're hiring Software Engineers in Berlin! [message #1333858 is a reply to message #1269032] Mon, 05 May 2014 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajnesh Kumar is currently offline Rajnesh KumarFriend
how we can apply
Re: We're hiring Software Engineers in Berlin! [message #1385290 is a reply to message #1333858] Thu, 05 June 2014 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Jackson is currently offline Paul JacksonFriend
You pay for relocation or are you interested in telecommuters.
Re: We're hiring Software Engineers in Berlin! [message #1386176 is a reply to message #1232273] Sat, 14 June 2014 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sands John is currently offline Sands JohnFriend
I would like to work in your company,if there is still openings available so reply me so that I can get that there is a chance for me to get selected or not.
Re: We're hiring Software Engineers in Berlin! [message #1394458 is a reply to message #1232273] Sat, 05 July 2014 10:00 Go to previous message
Jens von Pilgrim is currently offline Jens von PilgrimFriend
If you want to apply, have a look at our job description here: http://numberfour.theresumator.com/apply/KJHXhy/Software-Engineer-Developer-Tools.html

If you want to know more about the project, you may have a look at my EclipseCon talk:
http://youtu.be/Xm-7aE1UMGY

Cheers,
Jens
Previous Topic:Qualcomm Hiring consultant proficient in Eclipse technologies, CA
Next Topic:Hiring Java Developer for Eclipse Plugin, The Czech Rep., remote possible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:45:34 GMT 2024