Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Par/plan Scoping issue
Par/plan Scoping issue [message #1229060] Wed, 08 January 2014 16:22 Go to next message
Franck Mising name is currently offline Franck Mising nameFriend
Is it possible to prevent bundles in the global scope from loading & starting the scoped bundles of a plan as dependencies?

I have a scoped plan that includes the quartz bundle. When I copy that bundle in repository/usr, the org.springframework.context.support bundle which gets started globally by Virgo finds it, and starts it.
This in turn starts a quartz fragment I have created, and its dependencies which include my services, which thus end up being registered from a global bundle.

Would packaging my application bundles (including the quartz bundle) prevent global bundles from seeing them? Any other solution that would allow me to keep the plan approach?

Thanks!
Re: Par/plan Scoping issue [message #1230908 is a reply to message #1229060] Mon, 13 January 2014 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
If you package your application as a PAR rather than a scoped plan, the bundles inside the PAR will not be visible in the repository and so they will not be used by other bundles in the global scope.
Re: Par/plan Scoping issue [message #1230978 is a reply to message #1230908] Mon, 13 January 2014 14:09 Go to previous message
Franck Mising name is currently offline Franck Mising nameFriend
Thanks Glyn, this is what I suspected.
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] AspectJ Weaver error on @Aspect
Next Topic:3.0.1 to 3.6 migration issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 07:52:37 GMT 2024