Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Cannot manage teams: "You do not have permission to manage teams!"
Cannot manage teams: "You do not have permission to manage teams!" [message #1224899] Sat, 28 December 2013 04:05 Go to next message
Joel F is currently offline Joel FFriend
I just upgraded from 3.0.0 to 3.1.1 primarily for team management.
In security, I checked 'Team based Authorization Strategy' and made myself and another user sysadmins. Now, both users have the 'Manage Teams' link under 'Manage Hudson', however, clicking on it brings me to the page that says "You do not have permission to manage teams!"
Nothing interesting in the logs. Restarted after making the change, did not help.
FWIW, I currently use Matrix-based security.
Stumped and nothing to go on.
Re: Cannot manage teams: "You do not have permission to manage teams!" [message #1229465 is a reply to message #1224899] Thu, 09 January 2014 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel F is currently offline Joel FFriend
Found the issue. The crowd2 plugin returns your username as 'First Last (username)'. Apparently teams does a string compare against the sysadmin usernames and fails. I submitted a fix to the github crowd2 plugin project which allows you to return just the username which fixes the issue.
Re: Cannot manage teams: "You do not have permission to manage teams!" [message #1232397 is a reply to message #1229465] Thu, 16 January 2014 21:30 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Thanks for the fix. I released and uploaded Crowd2 Plugin (v. 1.5-h-2) to Hudson Plugin Central

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Timestamper Plugin is missing in Hudson
Next Topic:Count commit to SVN plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:04:40 GMT 2024