Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Best Practice for teamwork with papyrus
Best Practice for teamwork with papyrus [message #1223063] Sun, 22 December 2013 08:43 Go to next message
Martin Heinrich is currently offline Martin HeinrichFriend
Hi people,

we are modelling UML diagramms with papyrus in kepler and we want to know, if you can give us some advice for the work in teams.

Scenario: Two guys are working at the same Project at the same time - how can changes be merged?
Is working with git useful, or are the better possibilities we yet not recognized?

Thanks and Beste Regards,
Martin
Re: Best Practice for teamwork with papyrus [message #1223495 is a reply to message #1223063] Mon, 23 December 2013 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Martin,

There are currently three ways for team working with Papyrus. Two of them are still experimental (In development), and the last one is developed outside the Papyrus project, so I can't tell much about it.

The first one, easiest to set up, is using Git + EMF Compare. Git provides the versioning system, and EMF Compare the compare viewer and mergers for models (Including tree and diagram views; Tables are currently not supported). As the EMF Compare/Papyrus integration is still under active development, it might be interesting to use the versions shipped with Luna M4 (Or to wait until Kepler SR2, in February 2014).

The second one, which requires a little bit of configuration and deployment, uses CDO (Connected Data Objects). CDO relies on databases to store models. As for EMF Compare, the CDO integration in Papyrus is still under development. I haven't tried the latest releases, so I'm not sure which features are available so far. I think versionning is not available yet.

The last one is ModelBus, which provides a connector for Papyrus, as well as team capabilities. I cannot tell much about this component, because it is not part of the Papyrus project, and I haven't really tried it.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Best Practice for teamwork with papyrus [message #1733671 is a reply to message #1223063] Mon, 30 May 2016 22:40 Go to previous message
Charles Poisson is currently offline Charles PoissonFriend
Hello,

I am wondering if there is some news about this subject.

I am currently looking for a solution to easily share and collaborate over modeling diagrams within a large team.
Previous Topic:How to add trigger parameters in a state machine?
Next Topic:Activity Diagram issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:12:37 GMT 2024