Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Text (HTML) Hyperlink(how to set a Hyperlink on a Text Element ?)
Text (HTML) Hyperlink [message #1220259] Tue, 10 December 2013 17:13 Go to next message
Cyril Rognon is currently offline Cyril RognonFriend
Hi all Birt users,

I have had some trouble with images and proxy settings and decided to use plain text instead of images for navigation element in reports.
I have been using an image with a drill-through hyperlink to another report that is working fine.

I have tried to replace it with a Text Element with a special html character (I use the hmtl notation to show the ⟳ nice "reload" character.

But it appears I cannot set Hyperlink on Text. I can use label (but then no html render) or image (but then possible proxy issues) but the hyperlink setting is not available on Text.

Anyone has a solution or a workaround ?

I use 4.2.2 on both win32 and linux.

regards,
Cyril
Re: Text (HTML) Hyperlink [message #1220606 is a reply to message #1220259] Thu, 12 December 2013 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
Did you set your text item to HTML from the UI? Can you post the rptdesign?
Re: Text (HTML) Hyperlink [message #1220888 is a reply to message #1220259] Sun, 15 December 2013 13:56 Go to previous message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Hi Cyril,

May be i misunderstood something but why don't you want to display this reload character "⟳" in a label? I have just tried to copy/paste it in a label and it works (at least in 4.3.1, but probably in earlier versions as well). As you mentionned label elements support drill-through, unlike text elements (i don't know why, may be because HTML markups can be quite complex and embed their own hyperlinks...).

[Updated on: Sun, 15 December 2013 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:MSung-Light Font in PDF with Russian characters
Next Topic:Birt report With asp .net
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:08:51 GMT 2024