Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Reconnecting imported packages after file system changes
Reconnecting imported packages after file system changes [message #1184376] Wed, 13 November 2013 12:03 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I'm experimenting with package import and first I created two projects 1 and 2, and added one block in each model.

I created a block diagram in model 2, and imported the model from project 1, and added block 1 to the diagram. Looks good.

Next, I closed both projects, and moved the model in project 1 to a subfolder.

Now, when I open the block diagram in model 2 I can't find any way what so ever to update the block in the diagram to model 1 in its new position in the file system.

Not even by removing the package import and redoing it, the block "feels" that is belongs to the model at its previous position in the root folder of project 1.

Is there a way I don't see, or is this a no-no, restructuring the project to get a more easy to navigate structure after some time when having created an abundance of models?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Reconnecting imported packages after file system changes [message #1184435 is a reply to message #1184376] Wed, 13 November 2013 12:51 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tomas,

This is currently not supported, but there is a feature request for that. Reconnecting models & libraries after a URI change, i.e. either workspace location change, or library deployment, etc.

See Bug 418644: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=418644

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:How to show profile applications in package diagram
Next Topic:Papyrus hangs, displays 'Refreshing pages'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 10:57:23 GMT 2024