Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Conflict between xtend and xtext language, model inferrer and dependencies?
Conflict between xtend and xtext language, model inferrer and dependencies? [message #1181445] Mon, 11 November 2013 16:03
Victor Noël is currently offline Victor NoëlFriend
Hi,

I am witnessing a strange behaviour but I'm not exactly sure where it is coming from because it happens in a bit complicated setting.

I have a Java project with a models of my language, xtend files and java files.
This project has dependencies (with maven), and some of them contains models of my language as well as the generated Java classes from it.

So, my language generate java classes using the JvmModelInferrer, and some of the validation rules of my language relies on the associations made by this inferrer.

The setting where the problem arises is:
1) I have a maven dependency containing a model of my language declaring an element A with an inferred associated class A.
2) I have in my project a model referring to the class A (not the element of the model but using a JVmTypeReference) and a validation rule accessing the associated element A through the reference to the class A (calling primarySourceElement on the JvmType).
3) an xtend file that has nothing to do with all of that

The problem arises when I change something in the xtend file that triggers xtend generation.

The problem manifests itself by having no element associated to the class A (primarySourceElement returns null).

I guess it is maybe a bug? Is there anyone with an idea of how to avoid that?

Thank you
Previous Topic:Trouble with parser rules without assignments [SOLVED]
Next Topic:[Xbase] getting the result type of an expression during inferring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 20:05:41 GMT 2024