Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Websphere - Unable to determine the default workspace location
Websphere - Unable to determine the default workspace location [message #1176170] Fri, 08 November 2013 06:57 Go to next message
Paul Dunbar is currently offline Paul DunbarFriend
Using BIRT 4.3.1 with Websphere 8.5, we see this when trying to run reports that use the db2 (query builder) driver.

I've seen this http://wiki.eclipse.org/Birt_3.7_Migration_Guide#Connection_Profiles

However, I can't seem to find a way to resolve these steps under websphere (the steps outlined on the wiki are tomcat-specific).

I've attempted adding custom properties to the application (deployed web viewer war) as well as the web container for the following:

org.eclipse.datatools_workspacepath (value "E:\BIRT\Workspace_DTP") where the value references an empty directory.

Any pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Re: Websphere - Unable to determine the default workspace location [message #1181401 is a reply to message #1176170] Mon, 11 November 2013 15:28 Go to previous message
Paul Dunbar is currently offline Paul DunbarFriend
I found the correct path (websphere 8.5): Servers -> All Servers -> {app_server} -> Java and Process Management -> Process Definition -> Environment Entries

Add an entry named "org.eclipse.datatools_workspacepath" with the desired path.
Previous Topic:Automate printing a BIRT report directly to a printer
Next Topic:Font gets substituted in PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:26:03 GMT 2024