Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to read repository
Unable to read repository [message #1164417] Thu, 31 October 2013 17:17 Go to next message
Scott Wood is currently offline Scott WoodFriend
My copy of eclipse on my windows box was getting sorely out of date so I figured I would just remove the old directory and install from scratch. I removed the old Eclipse tree from program files and removed the workspace tree under my user directory, downloaded Kepler and installed.

Eclipse runs fine, but when I went to 'Add new software' I keep getting "Unable to read repository at..." errors including the updates/4.3 and releases/kepler content.xml files.

But a couple of them work (I can't recall if it was AVR or ADT). This is also one of three different computers on my subnet and the other two are working fine. Just this one fails on some but not all repositories.
Clicking 'details' shows the same messages in the pop-up. Clicking 'Show error log' seems to do nothing.

I checked windows, no proxy settings to speak of. I checked preferences, set to native (I also tried 'Direct' with the same results)

I tried using -vm to point to different java installs I have on this box including variants of the jdk vs the jre. Same error(s)

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Unable to read repository [message #1170708 is a reply to message #1164417] Mon, 04 November 2013 20:47 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Try placing Eclipse in a location owned entirely by your user login, rather than Program Files. You can also manually open the new workspace's .log file from its .metadata folder.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Preferences navigation via links
Next Topic:Cannot add jar files into server classpath in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:16:02 GMT 2024