Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Extend Eclipse XML Editor's Design View(Extend Eclipse XML Editor's Design View to display certain Content)
Extend Eclipse XML Editor's Design View [message #1140566] Wed, 16 October 2013 12:52 Go to next message
Solveigh Matthies is currently offline Solveigh MatthiesFriend
As soon as a schema is attached to an XML document the design view of Eclipse XML editor displays the possible children of a node on the right-hands side.
I'm interested in changing this when an element has a certain attribute to display the attributes content instead.
Is it possible to extend Eclipses XML editor programmatically to implement this behaviour? At the moment I can only hide certain nodes, but I can't find the method to override for the displayed content per node. Does anybody have an idea?
Re: Extend Eclipse XML Editor's Design View [message #1161021 is a reply to message #1140566] Tue, 29 October 2013 14:23 Go to previous message
Solveigh Matthies is currently offline Solveigh MatthiesFriend
For completeness: I found a way to display the information I want in my custom XML editors design view.
It requires an own implementation of XMLTableTreeContentProvider. The method getColumnText(Object object, int column) is responsible for the text being displayed both on the left (column 0) and the right side (column 1) in the design view.
In this method the result of the call to the super method may be easily overridden / changed / adapted.
Previous Topic:How do overlays in org.eclipse.wst.common.component work
Next Topic:repository not found for luna release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:55:19 GMT 2024