Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Proper way to create a Javascript Project and Reference it in another Web Project?(All I want to do is create a Javascript project, write some code in it and then somehow access it through another projects HTML files.)
Proper way to create a Javascript Project and Reference it in another Web Project? [message #1139449] Tue, 15 October 2013 19:39
Cory Stevenson is currently offline Cory StevensonFriend
I have an extremely large Dynamic Web Project that I have been building for 9 months that I am finally getting around to writing client libraries for in various languages and I know that I can reference other Eclipse Java projects as a "library" in my main project. I am trying to do this with a Javascript project and I cannot figure it out.

All I want to do is create a Javascript project, write some code in it and then somehow access it through another projects HTML files. When I make updates to this file in the separate project I want them to reflect in my main project upon save. I do not want this JS file in my main project as it is a separate entity and I want full subversion control on the Javascript project without interjecting dependencies.

I have been reading online for the last two hours and there HAS to be a way to do this that I just have not found or I am missing something. This should be easier than with Java because this stuff is non-compiled.

Can anyone help a guy out before I pull all my hair out?
Previous Topic:Is the Workbench guaranteed to be available when a plugin with dependency on org.eclipse.ui starts?
Next Topic:Create Menu for Outline View and Select Word in the File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:37:26 GMT 2024