Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Oracle DB setup with multiple users.(IT dept says you have to use just one oracle account?)
Oracle DB setup with multiple users. [message #1139380] Tue, 15 October 2013 18:41 Go to next message
Todd P is currently offline Todd PFriend
Hi All,

I have a question for those of you that have multiple users running an Oracle DB. Our I.T department has set up the DB and we can connect, load projects etc.

Here is the question. When we log into the DB by "select D.B connection" and pick oracle, we are presented with a login screen. Currently, we have one Username and Password. We have up to 10 team members. We asked the I.T. department for 10 usernames and passwords. Here is the reply we got.

If we have database accounts for each user, they can't share the projects. In Oracle, a database account is like having an independent database. I think you should use the database account for all Jubula users. Locking issues are automatically taken care by Jubula.

I am not a D.B expert by any means. Do we all log into the D.B with the same username? If so, how do we handle editing the same test cases etc?

Thanks!
Re: Oracle DB setup with multiple users. [message #1140241 is a reply to message #1139380] Wed, 16 October 2013 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Hi Todd,

your IT department is right: the easiest way is to use one account and share it amongst all team members. There are ways to use different accounts and work on one schema, but we don't support this any longer in the tool since it used to confuse the hell out of our users.

Jubula does take care of several people working on the same project. There are items which can only be changed by one person at a time. As a rule of thumb you can say that everything that is modified in an editor is locked against changes by other users. There are a few more items which are locked if changed, but you will get an info dialog telling you that someone else is working on this aspect of your tests.

- Achim
Re: Oracle DB setup with multiple users. [message #1140765 is a reply to message #1139380] Wed, 16 October 2013 15:46 Go to previous message
Todd P is currently offline Todd PFriend
Thanks so much for clarifying that point.

We have started to use the Oracle DB as you suggested. Multiple users using the same db login. The user locking/unlocking is working just fine so far.
Previous Topic:Accessibility plugins - problems staying up to date
Next Topic:How to let Jubula keep running on a failed testsuite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:41:40 GMT 2024