Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Eugenia Compartment Layout(Not sure how to control the layout within compartments)
Eugenia Compartment Layout [message #1129830] Wed, 09 October 2013 02:01 Go to next message
Phillip Drew is currently offline Phillip DrewFriend
I've got a GMF diagram generated by Eugenia and I'm wondering how to control the layout of the compartments.

I have a few nodes which contain compartments each of which can contain many nodes (e.g. hundreds).

The contained nodes have references between each other etc. so they need to be displayed with a free layout not a list layout.

My problem is that they appear to be placed using the GMF left-right layout so when I create the diagram file from the underlying model it is ridiculously wide and pretty much unreadable because all the internal nodes are on a single vertical level within their compartments.

How can I change the way the nodes are laid out inside the compartments?

Thanks!
Re: Eugenia Compartment Layout [message #1130624 is a reply to message #1129830] Wed, 09 October 2013 19:26 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Phillip,

I'm afraid there's no built-in Eugenia annotation that would allow you to specify this, so I'd suggest posting a question to the GMF forum. If it turns out that this that can be controlled through one of the gmf* models, you could write a polishing transformation [1] to automate this.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-polishing/
Previous Topic:gmf.label for EAttributes - use of pattern
Next Topic:[Flock] Delete and element and all of its children
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:35:15 GMT 2024