Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » OCL Constraints on Profile
OCL Constraints on Profile [message #1123850] Thu, 03 October 2013 00:47 Go to next message
Eclipse Modeling is currently offline Eclipse ModelingFriend
Hi,

I have recently be working on developing a UML profile for a research project using Eclipse Kepler and Papyrus 0.10.0.v201306121352. I have updated the OCL SDK editor V4.1.1.

I have 3 main profiles (2 in one papyrus model and 1 another) and they have several nested profiles. So lets say the top level profiles are A, B, C. In profile C, I have defined several stereotypes that extend the UML associations and in here I would like to constraint them on what stereotypes are acceptable on the ends of the association profile. So I what I do:

1. I first drag and drop the constraint from the palette into the profile.
2. Set the context to the profile association (say C::a1)
3. write the following OCL in the OCL editor (right click on the constrain):
self.associationEnd->at(0).oclisTypeOf(A::A1::A2::p1) {nested profiles}

But the editor would not parse the OCL. As you can see from the attached screen shot, the editor doesnt recognize the OCL .

Please let me know where I am making mistake.

• Attachment: ocl.png
    (Size: 65.51KB, Downloaded 149 times)
Re: OCL Constraints on Profile [message #1123927 is a reply to message #1123850] Thu, 03 October 2013 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Try hovering on the marker or squiggle to see what your error is.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 02/10/2013 22:41, Eclipse Modeling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently be working on developing a UML profile for a research project using Eclipse Kepler and Papyrus 0.10.0.v201306121352. I have updated the OCL SDK editor V4.1.1.
>
> I have 3 main profiles (2 in one papyrus model and 1 another) and they have several nested profiles. So lets say the top level profiles are A, B, C. In profile C, I have defined several stereotypes that extend the UML associations and in here I would like to constraint them on what stereotypes are acceptable on the ends of the association profile. So I what I do:
>
> 1. I first drag and drop the constraint from the palette into the profile.
> 2. Set the context to the profile association (say C::a1)
> 3. write the following OCL in the OCL editor (right click on the constrain):
> self.associationEnd->at(0).oclisTypeOf(A::A1::A2::p1) {nested profiles}
>
> But the editor would not parse the OCL. As you can see from the attached screen shot, the editor doesnt recognize the OCL .
>
> Please let me know where I am making mistake.
>
>
Re: OCL Constraints on Profile [message #1123967 is a reply to message #1123927] Thu, 03 October 2013 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse Modeling is currently offline Eclipse ModelingFriend
Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I was able to solve it by studying a tutorial in developing Geoprofile using Papyrus 7 Eclipse ( could not paste the link). I found it after posting this message.

Now, the constraints (on associated_with) look like

self.base_Association.memberEnd ->at(0).oclIsTypeOf(Behavior::Behavior)
and
self.base_Association.memberEnd->at(1).oclIsTypeOf(Entity::Entity)

But, however, when I try to apply the profile onto a model and validate the model based on these profile constraints I dont see any validation messages or errors. For example, as I have attached, I have two classes assigned two different profile stereotypes and have association and assigned associated_with stereotype association. When I validate the model, I dont see any errors. Is there something I need to change to make sure the validation takes into consideration the profile constraints also.
  • Attachment: ocl.png
    (Size: 30.15KB, Downloaded 159 times)
Re: OCL Constraints on Profile [message #1124296 is a reply to message #1123967] Thu, 03 October 2013 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Eclipse Modeling wrote on Wed, 02 October 2013 23:57
Hi,

But, however, when I try to apply the profile onto a model and validate the model based on these profile constraints I dont see any validation messages or errors. For example, as I have attached, I have two classes assigned two different profile stereotypes and have association and assigned associated_with stereotype association. When I validate the model, I dont see any errors. Is there something I need to change to make sure the validation takes into consideration the profile constraints also.

Did you select the option to include the constraints into the profile when saving?
See <https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=411256>
Re: OCL Constraints on Profile [message #1124297 is a reply to message #1123967] Thu, 03 October 2013 11:44 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You are obviously not validating since "->at(0)" will always give
invalid when executed.

I have no idea why Behavior::Behavior is not an error.

*.png attachments are almost always useless.

If you want someone to look at your code, you need to provide a small
zipped project with clear repro instructions.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 02/10/2013 23:57, Eclipse Modeling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the quick reply. I was able to solve it by studying a tutorial in developing Geoprofile using Papyrus 7 Eclipse ( could not paste the link). I found it after posting this message.
>
> Now, the constraints (on associated_with) look like
>
> self.base_Association.memberEnd ->at(0).oclIsTypeOf(Behavior::Behavior)
> and
> self.base_Association.memberEnd->at(1).oclIsTypeOf(Entity::Entity)
>
> But, however, when I try to apply the profile onto a model and validate the model based on these profile constraints I dont see any validation messages or errors. For example, as I have attached, I have two classes assigned two different profile stereotypes and have association and assigned associated_with stereotype association. When I validate the model, I dont see any errors. Is there something I need to change to make sure the validation takes into consideration the profile constraints also.
Previous Topic:Simple OCL question
Next Topic:Creating class diagram based on java code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:21:05 GMT 2024