Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Disabling Undo Issues(Disabling undo does not seem to work)
Disabling Undo Issues [message #1122687] Tue, 01 October 2013 20:57 Go to next message
Philip Alldredge is currently offline Philip AlldredgeFriend
Hello,
I am using a non-EMF model and I am implementing ICustomUndoablePattern to return false during canUndo() in an attempt to prevent the feature from being undone. However, eclipse provides the undo command to the user.

For example after creating a connection from the palette, the undo command in eclipse is not-disabled and has the text, "Undo connection creation".

Is there any way to disable undo/redo functionality? In my example case, when the user runs undo, the connection pictogram is removed, but because the feature is not undoable, the underlying business model is not changed.

I would prefer a method that would disable undoing/clear the undo stack in cases like this. It would allow me and others to work on our editors and add undo functionality as practical.

Thank you,
Re: Disabling Undo Issues [message #1125387 is a reply to message #1122687] Fri, 04 October 2013 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Phillip,

having a method to disable undo completely would surely ease such scenarios.
On the other hand there might also be a bug in the framework if the
connection creation feature does no react on returning false in canUndo.

Would you please file this as a bug to track the issue?

Thanks,
Michael
Re: Disabling Undo Issues [message #1125400 is a reply to message #1122687] Fri, 04 October 2013 13:18 Go to previous message
Philip Alldredge is currently offline Philip AlldredgeFriend
Done https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=418676.
Previous Topic:Move parent through children
Next Topic:Repaint whole Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:37:46 GMT 2024