Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Table - behaviour of showColumn
Table - behaviour of showColumn [message #1115086] Mon, 23 September 2013 16:35 Go to next message
Stefan Milchram is currently offline Stefan MilchramFriend
Hi,

We use RAP 2.1 and experience the following behaviour:

We have a table where not all columns are visible. The last column in the visible area is only visible half. If you click into the last column there is a strange behaviour:
In SWT-Windows this happens:
The left offset of the visible area is adjusted so you see the entire last column. The right corner of the column "docks" to the right corner of the visible area of the table.
In RAP this happens:
The left offset is also adjusted, but in a different way: the left corner of the clicked column "docks" to the left corner of the table.

I do not know what the standard-behaviour in GTK is, but when comparing windows and RAP i would prefer the windows-variant.
I also debugged the Table.showColumn-method and came up with a patch to implement the windows-behaviour (its attched).
What do you think?
If you agree i can open a bug.
  • Attachment: table.patch
    (Size: 0.66KB, Downloaded 182 times)
Re: Table - behaviour of showColumn [message #1115167 is a reply to message #1115086] Mon, 23 September 2013 19:15 Go to previous message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Stefan,
if I remember correctly we intentionally implemented the showColumn in
that way. There are some complications in case of Table/Tree with fixed
columns.
Best,
Ivan

On 9/23/2013 7:35 PM, Stefan M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use RAP 2.1 and experience the following behaviour:
>
> We have a table where not all columns are visible. The last column in the visible area is only visible half. If you click into the last column there is a strange behaviour:
> In SWT-Windows this happens:
> The left offset of the visible area is adjusted so you see the entire last column. The right corner of the column "docks" to the right corner of the visible area of the table.
> In RAP this happens:
> The left offset is also adjusted, but in a different way: the left corner of the clicked column "docks" to the left corner of the table.
>
> I do not know what the standard-behaviour in GTK is, but when comparing windows and RAP i would prefer the windows-variant.
> I also debugged the Table.showColumn-method and came up with a patch to implement the windows-behaviour (its attched).
> What do you think?
> If you agree i can open a bug.

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:tableviewer can not be scolled by mouse, but keyboard
Next Topic:How to do a Synchronous call to custom widgets java backend
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:48:12 GMT 2024